Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Businesswoman special!

Aloha, all! Okay, you'll have to pardon my absence (yes, I know it's been aaages it seems); truly, it's been a remarkable/surprising week and a half. You see, I got into a bit of an accident -- "a bit" being quite the understatement, given little Missy (my car) had to be towed from the scene and is still in the process of being fixed up since the incident -- not a bruise or bump in sight on me, though! Phew! I'm beyond thankful. :D

Also, I finished up training for and RAN my 5k on Saturday! Yay-uh! Then, I gladly worked a 10-hour day at work, but, nonetheless, was completely tuckered out for the rest of the weekend. Then, you won't guess what I did at the beginning of this week. Ready, go!

... Give up?

Suit shopped! I've been, suit by suit, adding that oh-so-imperative successful businesswoman spice to my closet. Just how I like it!

So, naturally, we're going to talk suits in this bloggity blog post this evening. Here are my "Basics to Suit-Wearing" in four easy steps:

1. You can never, ever go wrong with a simple black blazer. Don't be afraid to venture out beyond the ho-hum suit and pant combo! Whether you pair it over leggings (like zees) or a dress (like zees), it's versatile and makes a bold statement without even trying.

2. Experiment. With color, styles, what makes you feel most comfortable. I am a HUGE fan of gem tones and solids -- especially in autumn; to each his/her own! For instance, I would opt for any of these department store steals (both by Tahari):





Or if you're looking to spend a little more, these are darling!







(The first two can be found at Saks and the third at Neiman Marcus. As shown: D&G, Armani Collezioni, and Gucci)

3. Tailor, tailor, TAILOR! For us gals that have been, well, blessed with big busts and curves, it's crucial. Such is the same the other way around; if you're not filling out your suits the way you want, make your suit fit you. Especially if you're paying big bucks! The only setback with this is that tailor jobs can be pricey. Do a little bit of research to ensure you find a shop you trust before you give your garment over to someone you don't fully trust to do the job.

4. The most important step: OWN your style. I mean that... Own it! Ever wonder why one gal supposedly can "pull something off" and another not? It's all about attitude. If you're confident and strut your stuff with a smile and poise, jaws will drop. Trust me!

And one last sidenote, while we're on the topic of suits here: I'm SUCH a sucker for a handsome man in a suit. *Suh-woon!* And with glasses to boot? Oooh, take note, boys!

Alright, it's almost bedtime! Zzzzz, sleep tight! Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Tee hee, why, thank you!

    Suit shopping next week!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just saw this post. great! i love it! ive actually been trying to revamp my style as of lately
    and yes men in suits yum haha\mila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mila, thank you so much for reading!!! I appreciate it greatly. And you are always stylin', shoooot. ;D

    ReplyDelete