Sunday, October 25, 2009

Good home cookin'.

Hiiii! So, it's a bit blustery out (certainly making for a loungy Sunday afternoon), so I made the most of being indoors and got alllll sorts of domestic! Whoop!

My mom and I decided to try our hand at some apple-topped porkchops. An hour or so later -- VOILĂ€! I added the whole grain macaroni and asparagus for a little somethin' somethin' extra. :D Such a success!

The rest of my day has consisted of window shopping on the Internets; I get paid this week, and I have my eye on some must-have gems! I need a few staple basics as it gets chillier. Presently on my wish list:



Some tall, black boots (these are Manolo Blahniks). Yes, I do understand these are not so snow-friendly and that I do live in Colorado, but a girl can dream, right!? I want a pair with edge to 'em.



Also, a double-breasted military-looking jacket. I am in love with these! They're a bargain ($100) at Macy's. Maybe something a bit longer, too? And jacket-wise... an ever-so-essential North Face? Ooh, la la!

Speaking of shopping, goodness, I still have to figure out my Halloween costume! Beyoncé from the "Single Ladies" video (a long-sleeved version, more like this, sans the men, bahaha) is my first choice, but I will have to set aside some time during the week to put it all together. If not, I need to have a Plan B. Yiiikes! I know I don't want to dress up as anything traditional that you'd buy out of a bag. What to do!? I'll definitely let you know the verdict.

And with that, I'll leave you with my new current jam by David Crowder Band; it's such a fabulous worship song! In fact, the entire CD is just plain beautiful and worth every single cent. They're one of my all-time FAVES!



Ta ta, everybody! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Marry me...now!

    (PS. we realllyyyy need to get you those boots! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas present!? *Bats eyelashes* ... Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm just getting into cooking, and it's so dang therapeutic. ;)

    ReplyDelete